Monday 31 May 2010

Invitation...

This is an example of the invitation from the printers. I am pleased with the card stock but not so thrilled with the gloss/foil finish on the front.

The design has been foiled, but you can't really tell. When Chloe and I spoke about it we agreed that we wanted a really high-gloss, high-impact finish for the front. The finish of the foil on this design just doesn't have enough impact. I would say that the finish is more of a 'sheen' than a 'shine'. I realise that black absorbs all of the light, and therefore won't be shiny like a silver or gold metallic, which reflects. I do however think that the design needs more impact. It doesn't feel special at the moment, which is what Chloe and I both wanted. I have suggested a spot UV gloss over the print so that the finish is really shiny. I am not sure what is going to happen at this point, but I am hopeful that we will get something with more impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment