Thursday 22 April 2010

Canvas Bags...

I decided quite early on when I started designing this brand that I wanted to use a canvas bag as the carrier bag. I think that the aesthetics of it work well with the brand values (eclecticism, vintage etc) and I like that it is reusable. I think that a reusable bag from a cool high-street brand is more likely to be used by a young and trend aware audience than a reusable bag from say Sainsburys or Boots.

These are my ideas for the bag design. I want to keep it quite plain and simple, to allow the logo and colours to stand out. My preferred design is the top left of the small bags. I like the set up of the logo and Topshop name. It seems to be lost in the other designs, and I really think that the bag design needs it to give it some context.

I am going to produce the bag design by using an iron on transfer. I considered screen printing the design, but this would be a lot of effort and time for just a one off piece for my final photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment