Friday 4 June 2010

Evaluation: Orion Books...

This brief has been quite experimental and an opportunity to have a bit of fun. I was pleased that I got to work with hand drawn type again because I enjoy working with hand drawn elements and then developing them into digital work.

I got quite positive feedback from this brief from the outset, and speaking to tutors about it frequently has helped me to develop it in a very strong direction. Crit feedback has been mixed, which I have taken on board and tried to include within my development. The final outcomes, I feel, are very strong and fit to the briefs description of 'modern and eye-catching'.

I expanded the brief to include posters, banners, postcards and bookmarks. This step was quite easy because the design work was already there, it just needed application. Expanding the brief has shown me the impact it can have when a design is applied to a lot of different media. The final photographs I took and used on my boards were really strong and impacting, which is what this brief was always meant me to be.

Publishing design has become a part of my skills set in these last two modules. It is something that I would like to pursue further and will consider taking on in the future. I have enjoyed this brief because of the element of fun that went along with it. I am pleased I chose this brief because that outcome is better than I ever expected it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment