Friday 4 June 2010

Evaluation: Topshop...

This brief has been quite fast paced. I had a break from it whilst I completed the majority of my other briefs, and picked this up again during Easter. I think that this time away from the brief helped me to consider which designs worked best, and when I came back I was able to look at it with fresh eyes and pick what stood out best. The main focus of this project has been branding and identity, and the opportunity of creating three quite diverse brands has been really challenging. I have enjoyed being able to create a set that come together under one heading, but are all quite different from each other. I haven't really had any problems with this brief, the overall process has run quite smoothly and I am pleased to say that I was positive about all of the outcomes.
I used laser cutting in this brief which I have not used before with print work. I enjoyed learning how to use the machine and experiencing all of the things you could do with it. The use of it has shown me that effective print finish can be quite simple if done well.
I would like to have possibly produced more identities for other possible brands for Topshop. If I had had the time I would have expanded the brief to include maybe a range of sportsware, a new footware brand and toiletries range. I may do this as a personal project for my portfolio at a later date.
Branding and identity are going to remain a strong hold of my design skill set. I think that being able to design for this quite simple area is important because it can lead into so many other areas of print work.

No comments:

Post a Comment