Tuesday 25 May 2010

Look Book 1...

I agreed to do the layout work for a look book for a fashion student. I have spent just one day putting this together because the deadline for fashion is thursday, and we weren't able to get the photos until today.

The photographer had the images for a week and hadn't edited them. So, Gemma came to me and asked if I would be able to do basic edits on a selection of the images and put them into a 'look-book' style layout for her. She had a clear idea of what she wanted and the way the garments should be presented. It was up to me to come up with a few layout variations and for us to make quick decisions about what was working and what wasn't.

These are the initial ideas/layouts that I produced and showed to Gemma:

These were the ideas that we agreed weren't so good:














































And these we agreed should be developed and used in the book:



































































The motif in Gemma's collection is a six sided polygon (hexagon) which appears in most of the garments. The theme of the look-book needed to fit with the style of the garments, so Gemma requested a clean and simple design that used the hexagon motif in some way.

The ideas I had were in keeping with this theme, and I was able to use the shapes and colours from the collection within the layout design.

No comments:

Post a Comment