Tuesday 25 May 2010

Look-Book 2....

I have spent most of today putting together this look book. It feels like it's been quite quick to design and organise, but I have spent a whole day on it. I am not sure if it has been quick or not...
Anyway; I have edited all of the photos Gemma had chosen to go in the book. The majority need small lens spot removing and the floor cleaning. A couple required the removal of underwear lines etc. I have recently learnt a few new tricks to edit photos quicker and more professionally, so I am glad I was able to put these to use. Editing photos isn't really my thing, so I am quite proud that I was able to get it done and to a good standard.

I spent some time messing with the first layout, but Gemma had decided that she wanted to use the three hexagons as crops of the garment alongside a full page image. In a couple of cases we agreed to use the overall hexagon that focused in the centre of the photo. So, I put all of the images in so that they could be appropriately placed and went about including the small print, the contact details, a good number of images that fully explained each look and generally balancing the overall document.

These are the spreads that I have shown Gemma, and we have agreed are strong and suitable to go to print tomorrow:
































































































The cover was originally going to be black with black and silver foiling.














The stock available (shown above) is not suitable for foiling because of its slight texture. So we have decided that a grey cover with black and silver foiling is a more suitable option as it is a much smoother stock and will take the foil better.

No comments:

Post a Comment