Tuesday 11 May 2010

Photographs...

I have got to the stage now where I need to photograph my final outcomes (for all my briefs!)
I have been considering how I am going to arrange the products and shoot them so that they feel complete and contextual.

I have some very rough sketches here, that show how I plan to set up my photos

Boudoir - This one poses the greatest challenge because the product is so intimate - shooting it in any setting seems a little odd. The options here are - using hangers to display the products, hanging the products and then arranging the rest of the materials around it, or creating an 'unwrapped' setup - the product looking like it has been removed from the bag.
I have decided that option three is probably the best setup. This is because it feels like it could be real, but will show the tags, bag and postcard off well, without close-ups being totally necessary.























Bazaar - This setup needs to be a complete look. I have decided to use a dressmakers mannequin, which I will dress in the appropriate style. The tags will show up well on the clothes, and the bag is also going to be worn by the mannequin. This set up feels appropriate because the nature of the brand is eclectic, vintage and a little quirky.























Home - This set up is going to have eight products in it (one for each range within the home brand) and two or three bags. I think that keeping this set up quite simple will work best.
My idea is to have two levels (using white podiums laid flat) and to arrange the products on these. I am tempted to throw in a few extra items to make the overall shot feel more full. I think that this setup will work because it will make the brand feel like a collection of stuff, rather than individual home products.

No comments:

Post a Comment