Tuesday 6 April 2010

Bazzar Developed...

I have experimented further with the Bazzar type/logo. I want the logo to be type because there is no icon or image attached to the name, and because it is meant to encompass a range of eclectic and forward thinking designers.

I previously looked at using felt and have developed the 'textile' theme by stitching the letters into cotton...

I have experimented using one colour and different coloured threads and the layout of the words. I have also used photoshop to remove the cotton background to see what the letters look like against plain white.

The design itself was quite easy to produce, using a paper design behind the cotton and then sewing through both.

I quite like the effect that the stitching gives, it feels home made and eclectic. I am going to experiment with sewing the felt, combining the two materials to see what kind of effect can be achieved.

Of these three, I think that the colour design works best. It has personality and the colours clash, but are bright and strong. Overall it is the strongest because it has impact.






No comments:

Post a Comment