Thursday 1 April 2010

Brown Paper Packaging 2...

I have produced a few more experiments using the brown paper background...




























^
I have been experimented with removing the word Morrisons and just used the M icon instead. I have also adapted the vertical line and incorporated a horizontal line - creating a sort of string/ribbon finish that is held together with an M sticker. The overall feel could be too parcel like and not really convey the Value message well enough - not sure yet. The bottom right design with the simple vertical line, the M sticker and white label is working quite well. It feels simple but clear and crisp. The Value branding is there, but not overpowering the overall design and generally the design is strong.








^
Someone in my crit mentioned that the rounded squares with the speech bubble logo was a more attractive style for the packaging. I initially discarded the idea because it did not work against the white background, which made it look too cheap. The brown background allows for the shapes to have a white outline, and stand out much better against each other. I am not sure I like the design, it feels a little flat and unimaginative. It is a good possibility, but I think some of my previous designs are stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment