Friday 16 April 2010

Boudoir Mock-ups...

I have produced a few mock-ups of a range of labels of the Boudoir brand. I want to see how effective the designs would be when printed and attached to a garment. I have discovered a few flaws in the designs, which I will address and improve.

















Some of these labels are too large for the type of garment they will be attached to. The simpler designs are working better, and the soft colours are chic and sophisticated. I am tempted to add foil blocking to part of the design, but it may be overly shiny. The shaped label is really interesting, and captures a more fun element to the brand. Printing the design and then having it laser cut will be tricky, so I think that an overly decorative shape won't work. This tag does not need to be double layered, I think that it may be too much because the tags actually need to be quite small. Using a velum overlay may work well, so I will experiment with using this option.

No comments:

Post a Comment