Friday 9 April 2010

Cover Posters...

My crit showed me that using the decorative type from the book covers would be better than a photograph of the covers for the posters. I have formatted the design so that it is A2 scale, and added slightly more descriptive information in place of the author. I think that this is a much better design format for the posters, because the decorative type is strong and engaging, I am glad that the feedback I got was the try this, because I think that it is a much stronger option that the photographs...

I have been experimenting here with how the information and design can be laid out so that it still looks like the book cover, but has a little more descriptive information on it...

The top left and bottom right are the most successful designs here, because they maintain the essences of the cover and feel the most balanced. I think that putting information above the decorative type isn't working, it makes the design feel too chopped up. Putting information either side of the Orion Classics logo and line is interesting, but it draws a lot of focus to it, and the focus needs to be the title rather than the small print.

I want to use this style of poster design as a postcard as well, so I think that keeping the design simple and informative is the best option.


No comments:

Post a Comment