Sunday 14 March 2010

Changes in colour...

A couple of piece of feedback from my crit highlighted the option of changing the 'entire design' so that it was remarkably different from the current design. I have stated in the brief that the colours and general style of design will be remaining as the essence of the design, because this is what customers currently identify with. The brand colours (yellow and green) and the Value 'logo' are the very basic elements that I wanted to keep, so that the continuity across all of Morrison's ranges remain the same. I have experimented a little with colour below, just to see what the colours would mean for the design and how they would affect it.

My feeling toward the changes within colour is negative. I think that there would have to be a very good reason to alter the colours, because the yellow and green are rooted at the heart of the brand and their livery. The meaning that is attached to colour is also very important. If you are looking for something cheap or budget I would automatically go for red, because it is striking and in your face. The next obvious option is simply black and white, this would mean low printing costs and cheap stock. Neither of these seem particularly appropriate for the Value range. Moving onto other colours is a dangerous area. I think that the connotations of colour can be very obvious, and the choice of colour would have to be very specific. Of the combinations that I have tried above, none really say Value to the right extent. I realise that the yellow and green combination may not say Value either, but they are a more suitable choice because of the branding. At this point I have no intention of altering the colours of the packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment