Monday 22 March 2010

Poster decisions...

I have considered all of the poster designs I have produced and picked the three I think are the most successful.































































I have chosen these three designs because they each have elements that are working, and showcase the covers in a good way.

The first poster focuses on just one cover, which I think could work well as posters or banner in a window display.

The second poster uses an excessively cool reflection, which makes the books like they are standing on a glass surface. This effect enhances the design of the covers, and makes them feel newer and more modern. The gradient background highlights the type, and brings more colour to the overall design.

The third poster is strong because it shows the spines, and a small amount of the cover of each book which brings more colour into the poster. There is a small shadow under the photograph, similar to the previous design. I like this design because there is a nice overall feeling, and the photograph of the books is very engaging. The grey type doesn't show up brilliantly, it needs to be slightly darker, but the coloured division lines are good.

I have made the decision to use Poster 1 as the design for the shop window/banners and Poster 2 as the in store poster. The image from the third poster might work well on a postcard, so I will keep it in mind for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment