Wednesday 31 March 2010

Invitation Development...

I have been experimenting with further ideas for the Private View Invitation. Chloe (marketing officer) and I talked about using cardboard as the stock for the invitation, which would make it really interesting and different. The size is currently remaining just small than A5, so that it will fit comfortably into an A5 envelop with the leaflet/poster.

This design is a very simple change from the original. I have used a single box and labelled it with Private View, so that this is on the front of the invitation, rather than only on the back. I find it a little dull, and would like the design to be more exciting and engaging.























These designs are all meant to be made from 3-4mm

buff cardboard. The intention is to have the diagonal stripe printed in a high gloss, and the Private View type shows through in cardboard.

Two of the designs here use black as the diagonal stripe, and one uses a clear spot gloss. This is meant to resemble parcel tape, with the text showing through the gloss in the buff cardboard.
































































We also talked about making the invitation square, so I have looked into do that as well...

I am not sure if the designs work as well in the square format, and I think that it is better if the publicity material is all in the same format, but I'll see what Chloe and the marketing team think.


No comments:

Post a Comment