Thursday 25 March 2010

End of Year Show: Stage 2...

I am very lucky to have been awarded the opportunity to design the full suite of materials for the End of Year Show. I had a meeting with the marketing department today to discuss the further options for the design concept and its applications. We talked about a lot of aspects of the work and what could be changed or developed.

We briefly discussed changing the main typeface that has been used. Clarendon is currently used for the college prospectus and for other college branded material. I like the effect that Clarendon creates with the overall design, but I have looked into using these other typefaces.
I personally prefer Clarendon because it is a traditional font with a slightly modern twist, and has a very nice square feel to the uppercase letterforms. These other fonts are similar in their impact, but I think that the strongest option is Clarendon.
I am waiting on a response from the marketing department as to whether we are going to use a different font.

Cairo






















Bell Gothic Black






















Chunk Five





















No comments:

Post a Comment