Wednesday 24 March 2010

Crit Feedback and Plan...

The feedback I got from todays crit was in someways very helpful and in others rather difficult.
I have broken it down into briefs:

Orion
Feedback
  • Individual book posters work better than the product shot of the spines. These are more suitable and show the essences of the cover better.
  • The poster could just be a massive version of the cover - alter the layout a little and add the information
  • Add the focal colour to the back of the bookmarks
  • The bookmarks do not need to use the photographs, use the decorative title type instead
  • Maybe alter the type on the covers so that they feel more like a set.
  • Use the decorative type on the posters, rather than a plainer font.
My Response
  • I will use the individual book posters with the simpler type for the window and in store banner designs.
  • I will develop a design for 3 large scale posters that look like the cover designs, and incorporate the information into them.
  • I will develop the bookmark designs so that they use the decorative type, strong colours and clear and simple type
  • I will also produce 4 promotional postcards - one showing simple product style shot of all three covers, and 3 that show the individual covers.
Value Packaging
  • Make the design more vibrant and exciting
  • Consider how I have made the current Value design better
  • The dark green colour isn't appetising
  • A better stock might improve the colours
  • How does my design compare to other Value products
  • Add the information and barcode to the packages
My Response
  • I will try to find a way of making the design more exciting
  • I will compare my design to the current Value design, so that I can consider where I have improved it and where it can still be improved
  • I will try to reduce the amount of dark green that is used on the designs and use the yellow colour as it is more vibrant.
  • I will try to find a better, but still very cheap stock to print the designs onto. Hopefully the colour will come out better on a different stock
  • I want to compare my current designs with those of other Value brands. I will do this on my blog, and hopefully be able to gauge the impact my designs would have
  • I will decide on exactly which products I am going to produce the designs for. I will then set up the final design, ready to print, with all of the information and barcode etc. I want to be able to return after Easter and get this designs made and finished for my portfolio.
From this feedback I have realised that it is very hard to please everybody, and that sometimes feedback can be irrelevant. I have taken all of the points made into consideration, and I will try my best to improve all of my work in reference to these points. I am in the position of having to choose final designs, which is something that the client would normally do. I want to try and see my design work from the client and audience point of view so that is a strong as it possibly can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment