Thursday 4 March 2010

Full Cover Designs...

These are the three full cover designs for the Orion Classics book covers. I am pleased with the outcome; I have managed to create type that represents the story, without giving it away, and engages with the viewer. I may chose to produce covers for the other 2 titles after Easter, when I have finished the other briefs I am working on.

The colours within these covers have been chosen for several reasons. I wanted the covers to be very striking so that they stand out, therefore I have chosen colours that are very bright and bold. I have used black because I wanted there be a 'classic' element to the covers, and black very traditional and stayed. It allows the bright colours to jump out and show off the decorative type really strongly.

I am looking forward to getting feedback on these designs, they have been developed quickly and I realise there may be further areas that I have not considered. The designs are a good base for any further development I may want to do, so I am pleased that I will have a strong design to build on.

No comments:

Post a Comment